Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Biggest Winner Contest Week 1 Wrap-Up

Week one of my city's Biggest Winner Contest is over and I had my second weigh-in last night. I worked hard this past week and the fruits of my labor were 2 pounds coming off the scale!

I ate fairly well last week and I worked out hard. My eating could have been better (as always) but I do think my time working out was well spent. If I can keep this pace up, I will be very happy with a 2 pound loss every week. I’m not sure that pace will win the contest, but I will be extremely happy with another 16 pounds gone by July 1st.

I was talking to a friend last night as we were walking (at a great pace I might add), and I think I’m  at a slight disadvantage with this contest. I have been working out for over a year now and have lost 50 pounds. Someone who is just starting could conceivably lose a bunch of water at first and therefore put them at a big lead no? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not worried.  I would love to win this, but I would also like even more just to drop the pounds.

This week started off OK. I got a good workout in yesterday and I was going to take off today, but I kind of slipped up a bit and had a big not so healthy lunch. So I’ll hit the gym tonight and hope for clean eating tomorrow. I really wish I could stay away from good food. It’s hard for me to pass up and it slips me up all the time.

Also I had a slight freak out at the beginning of last week that I will post about later. It had to do with getting my blood results back from the doctor and let’s just say I’m a bit puzzled at the results.

So, what are some things that you do that helps to stay on the good eating track? Also how do you combat the urges to snack at night? They seem to hit me hardest then.

Contest Weight loss totals:
Starting weight: 274 pounds
Week 1: 272 pounds
Total loss so far: 2 Pounds
Contest ends July 1st.

4 comments:

  1. Your doing great Vinny you got this, going to chase your weight loss :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my biggest obstacle in my goal of fitness is the same as yours. It turns out I actually enjoy being active, but I just can't get over the buzz, the rush, the bliss that food gives me. I know in my brain that it's a drug to me, an unhealthy addiction that left unchecked I would kill myself with, but I just can't seem to beat it. I quick smoking cold turkey almost a year ago and never looked back (don't get me wrong, the withdrawals and detox was brutal but I never cheated) but you can't quit food cold turkey. You have to eat! I struggle every. single. day. Every single MEAL! to make good choices. I don't always make the best choices, sometimes I even make down right crappy choices, but I own that - I accept that every choice is MINE and one bad choice doesn't blow the 70 pounds I've already lost back onto my rear end. I just suck it up and make a better choice the next time. As for eating late at night, the only way I fight that is to go to sleep earlier. No seriously! If I stay up past 9:45 I am in high-chocolate-gear so I set up my day to go to bed at 9:30 and to get up at 5:00 to work out. There's no prize for most will power - I say avoidance of temptation is sometimes the most effective strategy. I look forward to sharing your journey, and I thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa,

    First off thanks for stopping by and following. I love meeting new people.

    Second. Wow what a great comment! I totally get where you are coming from. Food is an addiction to me and I'm trying really hard to beat it. I wish I could make great food choices all the time but that's just not the case. I tried the going to bed early thing, but for me the night cravings start at 8pm and I can't get to sllep that early lol.

    Love new followers! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete