Tuesday, June 14, 2011

NSV's...Gotta Love Em'

No weigh-in post today. No product reviews this time and no whining about defeats. Instead what I have for you today is an NSV (non-scale victory) that I have been waiting on for a while.

A few weeks ago I placed a bid on some pants from The Great Clothing Exchange (GCX). When you are losing weight at a decent pace you don't always have the cash to go out and buy new clothes all the time. GCX helps with that by having people put clothes on the site that they can no longer fit into. You leave a comment on what you want and if you win the item (random pick from comments) all you pay is shipping costs to the person who put the item(s) up. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me (did I mention I got 6 pairs of pants for $14).

Well I won the items I bid on and I just got the package today. I bid on a few pairs of pants that I figured I would be able to fit into pretty soon. I was wearing size 48's and I said to myself that I wasn't going to buy pants again until I could fit into at least 44's, that would be 2 sizes down. My 48's were starting to fall off my ass and I knew I could at least drop one size but I was not sure about 2. So when the pants arrived today I immediately tried them on to see how much more weight I needed to lose to fit into them.


Holy weight loss Batman!...I fit into the 44's with room to spare!!!

I am super excited! That means I am one..count it....ONE size away from being able to shop for pants in a normal store!! You can sometimes find 44's in a normal store, but they are few and far between. 

Oh happy dance!!!

So mark this as one big NSV for me baby!! This is also my weight in day for the Biggest Winner contest I'm. Hopefully I have some more great news tonight from the scale's point of view!

Next up...another VLOG!! 

10 comments:

  1. Yay! That is AWESOME! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome Vinny, so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am way behind my reading so sorry, awesome work on the NSV Vinny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO COOL!!!!! Nothing like having your pants fall down for some extreme motivation, is there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not at all Angela....not at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's amazing, Vinny! I'm very proud of you and inspired by you to keep on going!

    ReplyDelete