Thursday, September 23, 2010

First Goal Down


This post is a long time coming…for me anyway.  In the past months since I’ve started this journey I have seen many hit their goals. I have given well deserved congratulations to people all while hoping my day would come soon. It was like they were having parties that I really wanted to be part of but just wasn’t at the level to be invited yet. Today though….today is my party, and you are all invited!

I have been fighting the same 5 to 7 pounds for the last 2 months. It was a frustrating wall that I could not get over.  My first goal seemed so far away, yet it was so close number wise. I even considered stopping the weight training to see if the scale would move below that 300 mark. I needed to see some progress for my sanity. I don’t want to be a prisoner of the scale, but I needed to hit my first goal. Just to know that I was on the right track and moving forward would do wonders for my mind and give me that extra something I needed to keep going. I had been stepping on the scale all week and watching the number drop every day… I knew I was close, I had to keep fighting.

Today I am proud to say, I hit my first goal. I am now officially below 300 pounds, weighing in at 298! Oh yeah…I stepped on the scale about 4 times to make sure it was right. I moved it around the floor to make sure I wasn’t on uneven ground. I even had my girlfriend come check it out to make sure I wasn’t seeing things. Yes friends, all 4 times the scale read 298. To say I was happy was an understatement. My girlfriend gave me a hug and I walked into the bedroom with a little fist pump. Yeah…it was a good day.

To some 298 pounds is a goal they would someday like to achieve. To others 298 pounds is a goal they have blown past and never want to see again. Some have never even had the torturous experience of weighing that much, and for that I am glad. For me though, 298 pounds represents a new beginning of sorts, the start of working toward my next goal which is 270. I never want to see 300 pounds in reference to my weight again, and I won’t.

To all who have inspired me to move forward and break through the wall…THANK YOU! To anyone who is struggling to break through their own wall, I leave you with this:

“To be challenged is inevitable. To be defeated is optional…NEVER GIVE UP!”-Unknown

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations Vinny! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Vinny!!! That is awesome! No one can take this milestone away from you. I remember the day I too dropped below 300. I can't wait to drop below 200! Keep it up buddy. I did a little fist pump for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Vinny! Having goals is very important, not only in weight loss, but in life. 300 is a goal of mine and I'll probably cry when I hit it. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding! Congrats on passing a major milestone, and good luck on jumping the next hurdle in the not-so-distant future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - congratulations! I just found your blog through another post and I have been glued to each post as I read about your journey. You are an inspiration!!
    Rae
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! That's so awesome! I am over here cheering for you! I too, have seen the 300lb mark and hope to never see it again in my life. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Raegun, Thanks for stopping by. I am going to add your blog to my follow list right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vinny to say I'm proud of you would be an understatement. Don't you EVER give up on this journey. You just proved to yourself and the rest of us that if you just keep trying you will reach a goal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like I found your blog at the perfect time! Congratulations to you. That is awesome news. Good-bye 300!!!!! Great work Vinny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much everyone! It means so much that would take time to stop by and say congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very well done VInny - Excellentr news!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!!!! Thats awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way to go! I remember my first weigh in under 300. I cried. It was relief, joy, and renewal.

    You earned this, man.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the goal Vinny! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a little late to the party but wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an accomplishment, one I am sure you will be proud of for some time to come.

    Stay strong, stay committed....stay in the game :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vinny, congrats. However it was weeks ago. I konw you're alive on twitter. Feed me blog now please. I can't wait to join ya in the 200's

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks everyone!!! I love this support! @JP...a new post is coming soon :P

    ReplyDelete