Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tell him what he's won Bob....

So Wednesday was a very cool day! After entering a contest over at AntiJared.com that involved pledging to workout Tuesday for 60 minutes (which I did), Tony picked the winners Wednesday. You guessed it, I was one of the winners and I won a Polar FT4 heart rate monitor! I can't wait to get it and try it out. Chris over at Polar emailed me and it is on it's way. I will definitely let everyone know how it is once I give it a few workouts. Also if anyone is already using a Polar device let me know.

As for my workout Wednesday, well there was none. I woke up and my allergies were crazy. I was going to go to the gym anyway, I even went as far as to drive to the gym, but when I got there I was so lightheaded and had such a headache I decided to head home. After thinking about it I don't feel so bad. I go 5 times a week to the gym ( M-F ) so missing one day and making it up on Saturday wont be so bad.

I have been trying to eat smaller meals 5 to 6 times a day and staying away from those big portions I usually eat. I also started incorporating weights into my workout as of Monday so now I do M-W-F weights (with 30 min of cardio before the workout) and on Tu and Thur I do straight cardio for 1 hour or more. Hopefully this jump starts some weight loss because I have really not seen too much in the past week. I try to weigh myself once a week but seeing as I am starting with weights I am going to try to measure my progress in inches lost. I took all my measurements last night and will share that progress as well if there is any. I will also get around to posting some pictures as well to show progress.

Please feel free to share any methods that are working for you with your weight loss. I would love to hear them.

1 comment: