Monday, May 2, 2011

Official Monthly Weigh-in and April Wrap-Up


Like every first of the month I laid in bed this morning wondering what the scale will read when I step on it. For this weigh in I wasn’t expecting good things.  April wasn’t any more stressful than any other month, but I did let the food get the best of me and I gave in to way too many urges. I really need to work on that. It’s really hard for me to say no to food when it’s staring me down. Sometimes I can control it, but this past month I didn’t do so well. My nightly food binges are the worse. The only way I can seem to control them is to head to bed early and that can’t happen all the time.

This month wasn’t all bad though. I did run my first 5k race (that was supposed to be a casual practice walk for my first official one May 22nd) and I logged some pretty decent miles for the monthly Go the Distance Challenge. I’ll talk more about my 5K later when I guest post for FatGirlsCanRun.com!

When I got on the scale this morning I wasn’t expecting a big loss. Actually my thought was; I hope I didn’t gain too much. I honestly thought I would have been OK with a slight gain. I'm super excited about my 5k and I know I’m getting healthier so a slight gain would be OK for the month after eating the way I did.

So what did the scale have to say about all this?


The Proof!

OK, so it’s a measly one pound loss from last month, but I will take it! We all want to see the scale numbers move drastically down each time we step on it. So after all the problems I had with night binges this past month, I can honestly say I more than OK with a one pound loss.

Oh…and did I mention I ran a 5k?!

I've gained a great deal of knowledge so far. One of the most important things I’ve learned is this is not a sprint, it’s a marathon. I will hit my goal weight; I have no doubts about that. I would also like to hit it by December. If I do, fantastic, if I don’t, I’ll just keep moving!

Weight loss totals:
Starting weight: 320 pounds
April weigh-in: 275.2
May weigh-in: 274.2
Total loss so far: 45.8 Pounds
Short term goal: 260 pounds (14.2 pounds to go)
Long term goal: 200

3 comments:

  1. Youre now one pound closer to goal..congrats on the 5k! Great attitude to have =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck yeah you will take it. that short term goal is within reach. As soon as four months (or less perhaps) or as many as fourteen, your choice man; go gett'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how did the past week go? Need to know, can't sleep until i know.

    ReplyDelete